Thread: Speculation: Trade Proposals Thread
View Single Post
04-11-2013, 09:46 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
I've said it before and have made it very clear that I think Staal is very over rated. This is he second time he is out and NYR still seems to prosper with out him. It is very obvious. In a deep draft like this,you package him cause he will grab you a 1st rounder and then maybe make another move for a second.

McD,Girardi,DelZ,Moore,Stralman, top 5 is mint. With McIlrath possibly up and coming. Skjei a strong possibility in the next ,lets says 2-3 years. NYR is set and deep enough in D depth. I'd like to see NYR also acquire an Erskine type D man. Tough and nasty.

Sorry to say it but Staal is expendable. I think it's more a fact .

everyone seems to just love Staal for one,he's a Staal and 2 he was one of the first pieces mainly on the backend Rangers used when they started a rebuild,so people seem to have a soft spot for him. move him while you can. The guy is injured 2 straight years now
I agree with you. We could get some offensive firepower if we move Staal. I like Staal but I feel like he makes more mistakes than people think and a lot of our fans often give him a pass.