Old
04-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Any reason why? Inevitable?

Yes I do think it’s inevitable. My reasoning is that I think the two most carousel positions in this organization are General Manager and Goaltender. That’s why I actually buy into Dater’s thoughts that Varly will be out. I don’t think the problem is Varly at all – I think it has a LOT to do with the defense in front of him, but this organization seems hellbent on a goalie winning out mass numbers of games on his ability alone, regardless of what occurs around the guy. GM is pretty self-explanatory, with the rotating door we’ve had there lately.

Both of those reasons are why I believe we should trade Stastny and ROR right now. Will it happen? Probably not, because Pierre’s “formula” is a bunch of great centers and a goaltender, and fill in other pieces wherever. But if we’re going to change the GM 3-4 years from now anyways because we can’t win, then I’d like the new GM to actually have some pieces to work with. Paul Stastny on the better side of 30 would net us more/better assets than holding on to him. And as much as people would like ROR at $5M, I don’t see it happening. If anything that episode firmly proved the guy wants to get market value (or at the very minimum to test the waters – not a slight on ROR because if I was a Pro athlete, I’d do the same thing). I don't want to lose him for nothing.

Bonzai12 is online now   Reply With Quote