View Single Post
Old
08-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Even though we haven't even had rookie camp yet, forget training camp, I am getting revved up for another year! My African Grey is even saying "GO HABS GO" and "HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES"

As you know, lines that start the season, rarely stay static throughout the year, depending upon injuries, chenistry, line matchups etc.

So here are a few line combo that I would like to see for next year, starting with the the basic set that most of us seem to see.

Before camp

Higgins--Koivu--Ryder

Higgins was one of the hottest player after the break and with Ryder's back being better, let's hoipe he is as aggresive as he was in his first year when he would go for the net with gusto.

Samsanov--Ribero--Kovalev

I am not convinced that this is the lineup, not that we need to bash Ribero AGAIN, but Kovalev and Samasnov's speed I don't know if Ribero can keep up. All three are better setup than finishers, so this will be interesting to watch.

Perezhogin--Plekanec---Johnson

I can see Perezhogin switching with Samanov or even Higgins at some point in the season if Higgins numbers fall. Be interesting to see what kind of chemistry that this line has.

Begin--Bonk--Murray/Downey

I can't see Downey and Murray being on the ice together, but I can see Bonk moving up with inspired play.

I think ONE rookie will suprise us and make the team, Koysitsn or Lapparrie.

Other combos that look good to me

Samsanov--Koivu---Kovalev
Higgins--Ribero--Ryder
Perezhogin--Plekanec--Kosistyn (love to see this line for 10 games)
Begin--Bonk--Johnson

Perezhogin--Koviu--Kovalev
(looked great last year, before Jullien killed Perezhogin's confidence)
Higgins---Plekanec--Ryder
Samanov--Bonk--Johnson
Begin--Ribero---Kosistyn

No matter what... I think by the end of the year, the lineup will change a few times as the season goes on. The main question is can we stay healthy and get hot over the final 10 games of the season.
I don't understand why you keep trying to GUESS the lines. Nobody will have any idea until training camp is over and even then the lines will change every month anyways. Let just hope for the best and hope that the Habs play to win every night now that Theodore is gone and there is no excuse to play crappy. If Huet repeats his heroics from last year, it should be a fun year for us Hab fans.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote