View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 500
I've been against trading one of the top 5 all year. However, it may come down to that to get the right mix this team needs.

If we're going to do fantasy trades/signings, etc, I'll give it a try:

Buyout Shawn Horcoff.
Buyout Ryan Smyth.
Let Ryan Jones walk.
Let Ryan Whitney walk.
Resign Fistric.
Resign Petrell.
Resign Smithson.
Sign Maxim Lapierre.
Sign Nathan Horton.
Trade Nick Schultz for a draft pick.
Trade for Brouwer to 'help' Wash with it's cap. Use a combination of picks, minor prospects.
Don't care what happens to Belanger..waive, regular buy out, etc..

We need a different mix in the top 6. Not enough strength/protection, etc.
Boston isn't in cap trouble but they will need help. They may be able to do without Lucic due to dollars, etc. Sequin jumps to 5.7m. Koko is ready to stay up on ELC. Marchand jumps 2m.
It'll take alot to tempt them but try the following and hope the top #3 pick is enticing (could be 1st overall...in that case you probably don't make any of the fantasy moves..just take Jones).
Trading a 1st that may be in the top 3 isn't popular but, oh well...Trade Hemsky(retain $1m), MPS and the 1st for Lucic. Boston gets another high 1st round, Hemsky at 4m instead of Lucic at 6m and also gets an up and coming MPS.

We need the top line D. Only way I see (if we don't have any Milburys out there) is trade one of the kids +. Not popular and have to give to get.
Rangers are in the best shape for D next to STL and with their potential cap in the future, may consider this.
McDonagh goes up from a low hit of 1.3m to a $4m bridge for 2 years?? I'm suggesting trading Eberle, Musil, 2014 1st and a 2013 2nd round pick for McDonagh. Rangers still have Staal, Giradi, MDZ, Stralman and now John Moore....Plus McIlrath almost ready to come up. They also get a fairly good young D with potential in Musil.

Other considerations but with some tweaking, looks like the dollars will work...

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Lucic-Gagner-Horton
Brouwer-Lander-Hartikainen
Lapierre-Smithson-Brown
Petrell

McDonagh-Schultz
Petry-Smid
Klefbom-Fistric
Potter(or whatever)

DD
$2m backup

If you can find a bigger, better #2 C, trade Gagner plus whatever. Odds are we won't find anyone. We could be patient, I guess, and wait for that draft pick this year (Barkov, Monahan?) to make it but we still won't be in much better shape and it'll be another couple of years without playoffs..

If only it was this easy...sigh.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote