Old
04-11-2013, 12:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
No, the Ovechkin goal was weak. I'm not saying that every single goal that goes in on him isn't his fault, but sometimes good shots that go in are attributed to being his fault when they shouldn't be.

Bottom line is every goalie that has ever played the game has let in a bad goal or two (or three, or a hundred). Even Cam "Proven-in-the-playoffs-cup-winner" Ward let in that brutal goal against Patches this year. Obviously as fans we expect consistency, but if a goalie lets in a bad goal with a period and a half left to play, the team should step up and bail him out.

IMO a goalie doesn't cost a team a game unless he lets in a bad goal with barely any time left to try and equalize... and this has happened to me before playing in a provincial final game. It sucked.
The Ovechkin goal wasn't weak. Price will tell you he wants it back. It's not a great goal, it's not a bad goal. Ovechkin shouldn't have been allowed to take the shot and Price maybe shouldn't have taken for granted the flight pattern of the puck, but the way it knuckled where it knuckled, it's hard to fault him completely for it.

I agree with the rest of your analysis. Too often the loss is placed on the goalie and there is this stigma around here that the goalie has to steal every game we lose. There's more players on the ice than the goalie, bad goals happen, quick goals happen, defensive break-downs happen. We weren't able to give Price 3 goals to get at least 1 point and we lost. 3 goals against should get you a point, anything lower than that should be a win. That's the way I look at it.