Thread: Muir
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2003, 04:04 AM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
What's interesting about this guy is that he's way better than Holland, Kuznetzov, and (but this point is ancient history) Strbak. And the 'org' knew it, too. Not only hat, but Muir has more experience than either Gleason or Corvo. So why did he not make the team in October?

My guess is insurance. It's like when you're playing Chess and you REALLY don't want to use the queen even though it's your most powerful piece. You want it next to your king to protect it and you don't want to be nonchalantly moving the queen across the board until both your rooks, your bishops, and one of you knights is gone. It's your most powerful piece, so you save it for as late in the game as possible. You only get one, 'ya know.

I'm thinking the org. wanted Muir in Manchester as plan D, when plans A, B, & C fail miserably. Plan A was Strbak, and what a joke of a plan it was! Plan B was a season-long, healthy Kings defensive core (or is it corpse? I'll never know these things!). Yet, plan B was cursed all the way back to last season. C is for 'crap' and 'crap' defines Maxim Kuznetzov. All of a sudden, it's time to implement plan D.

The only bad thing about this plan is that Muir can't realisticaly be sent down. He WILL be claimed off of waivers. So when Vis gets back, either Gleason or Holland will be sent down, probably Gleason as waivers won't bother him. And when Miller gets back, guess what? This club will have one defenseman too many. Holland and Kuz can't BOTH be healthy scratches, can they? Kuz has to me moved......
With respect to Muir and Waivers,

From the CBA:

"13.3. Subject to the provisions of this Article, the rights to
the services of a player may be loaned to a Club of another
league upon fulfillment of any of the following conditions,
except when elsewhere expressly prohibited:

(a) that waivers for that purpose have been requested and
cleared under this Article, the player has not played in ten
or more Regular Season or Playoff games cumulative since
waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty days
cumulative on a NHL Roster have not passed since waivers on him
were last cleared;"

I'm not so sure about Muir having to clear waivers again. I believe that he had to clear waivers when he was assigned to Manchester on October 4th, and given the 10-game cumulitive or 30-day consecutive provision in section 13.3 (a) of the CBA, I believe he has 9-games or 26-days in the NHL before he would have to clear waivers again.

Holland and Kuz would have to clear and I don't believe either would.