Completely OT (Some Obscene Number)
View Single Post
04-11-2013, 12:37 PM
I Won a Contest
Join Date: Nov 2006
Anyone else battling the scrappy tiger mosquitos - get rid of standing water as priority one. It's probably your neighbors plastic flower pot catching water and causing you misery. I am going to give this a try.
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks
Drinking not necessary for proper disposal
Next up, how to control that hardcore plant taking over the area, the
. Bet you didnt know we had a winter weed. The propulsion rate of the seeds and quantity, make this thing a RPITFA.
Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-11-2013 at
View Public Profile
Visit RandyHolt's homepage!
Find More Posts by RandyHolt