View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 12:49 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I find it interesting that Trocheck isn't getting any play on the main prospect board. Or the Plymouth board for that matter.

-ghoste
Why? The prospect board isn't really a haven of glorious information for prospects post-draft. Prospects who are property of teams, especially smaller market teams, aren't the type of topics that most people are particularly interested in. Some European drafted prospects have threads for obvious reasons, but generally unless you are a mega prospect, or a prospect of a significant team, there isn't much to discuss.

Which is fine. Who cares? Trocheck is a player with definite NHL potential. He may be an excellent 3rd round pick. Discussions and hype with these things can only go on for so long.

I think for most of us, his transition to the AHL is going to give us a good indicator of his likely offensive upside. I prefer his prospects in the NHL to Howden at this point, but we shall see. 19 yr old's in the CHL always tend to look better than 20 yr old players in the AHL.

A quick observation on the results of our 2011 draft post-first year shows us very very cautious mild optimism. Matheson had a better year than expected i think. He's further away than some point would like to admit, but he's unquestionable a player with attributes that can lead to a steady and good NHL career.

Hodges and Delnov had solid seasons. Hodges is going to have to work hard to be NHL player. Never seen Delnov but it seems like he had a satisfactory first year in North America, but will need to improve. Never seen Beauvillier.

Nielsen had a solid year. Not a tremendously gifted player with much upside, but can perhaps be a solid depth defenseman in the NHL down the road. Hopefully will see much more time with Linkoping in the top division next year. 2+ years in the SEL + AHL time will be needed if he ever makes it.

All in all, a work in progress draft.