View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Trade deadline day in the AHL sees two Rampage players moving on to playoff contenders.

Defenseman Brendon Nash heads off to Charlotte to play with his brother, Riley and Zack Hamill heads to Milwaukee. Both players were loaned to their respective AHL clubs by the Panthers.
Interesting moves for sure. Good idea to get them some playoff experience at least.

One thing you didnt mention was that the Rampage signed Alexander Delnov to an ATO. Not sure if you know this for sure but can a junior player sign an ATO with an AHL team but then still go back to his junior team next season? Usually prospects who sign ATO's are usually going to sign their full contracts in the offseason so not sure what his situation is. I know he was drafted out of Russia so he's probably not subject to that AHL-CHL rule but Delnov also probably could use more time in juniors to develop IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
They are both on NHL deals with Florida, so they are still Panther property. They are also both RFA's after the season, so whether they will be back in SA depends on what the org. thinks of them.
I think it does say a little something about sending them to playoff contenders to get that experience. If its guys you're not even interested in extending at all, you wouldnt make a move like that. I think they are obviously evaluating them but both seem like players that would get re-signed IMO.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote