View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 01:02 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I don't see how the information can be viewed as reflecting negatively on Boyle.

So in those other 20 games, the 16 minutes he was on the ice they didn't score is damning evidence? Considering the Rangers score a goal for every ~13 minutes of 5 on 4 time, I can't see how it is.
Perhaps when we look at the numbers we see different things. I cannot sway you, and I will not argue with you. I see using Boyle on the power play as inefficient, your views differ, but I understand them. And that's okay. Different strokes for different folks.

Brian Boyle has five points this season while averaging 14:28/game minutes a game. Five. That is undesriable as a third liner. Again, this is on Torts and not Boyle.

Among FORWARDS who average 14-15 minutes of ice/game, Brian Boyle ranks 26th in points out of 32. The players who have not recorded 5 points in that grouping? Alex Chiasson (Dallas, 4 games played, 4 points), Eric Belanger (Edmonton, 23 games played, 3 points), Jimmy Hayes (Chicago, 9 games played, 3 points), Radek Dvorak (Anaheim, 5 games played, 3 points), Roma Horak (Calgary, 11 games played, 4 points), Johan Larsson (Minnesota, 1 game played, 0 points).

Brian Boyle has played in 36 games this season. In terms of points per game, Brian Boyle is the worst NHL forward in the grouping of players who play an average of 14-15 minutes a night.

Brian Boyle has been a disappointment as a third liner simply because he is not a third liner. He is a fourth liner. He should be used as such. I wish the Rangers had the personnel to make this dream a reality, and if I could heal Dorsett magically, I would do it.