View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 01:11 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Of course it hurt the situation, but everybody has players that miss games, and at the end of the day, they were fourth from the bottom. Colts missed Camara for a quarter of the season and Scheifele for a little more than a third... Ekblad missed a bunch, Lepkowski more than a handful... It's part of my point, the Colts won games this season with the guys who will be gone next year out of the lineup.
Schiefele played 45 games, Camara played 50, Ekblad played 54, Lepkowski played 60. We were down top 3 d-men for between 25-30 games!

Quote:
Pick your team, everyone's going to be missing some guys. Did the Spits get hit a little worse than others? Maybe...but I don't think exponentially so when you consider other teams with guys away for the WJC, NHL camps + injuries.
Okay, please show me which teams missed their top 3 d-men for 25-30 games. I'd love to see. Or should I go do the research myself?

I'm not trying to come across as a jacka$$, but I really believe this team would have made noise in the playoffs if we hadn't lost Sieloff, Koekkoek, and Posa (one of those "wish we hadn't done this" moves). This isn't a "you're second last...no matter what" attitude won't work.

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote