View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 01:17 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
I never wrote that he was better than Lafleur. I just said he was one of the best forwards Habs drafted in the last 40 years. But yes,he can be as good as the first 3 guys I named in my first sentence.

By the way,I have seen Lafleur played since the very beginningof his carreer. And his first three seasons were not that great for the 1970's offensive standards. His stardom really began during his 4th season when he was 24 and got rid of his helmet.
I agree with those who say that SINCE Lafleur, we have not had such an exciting prospect at a young age. And remember that Lafleur played the equivalent of BOTH this year and next year in Junior in Quebec City.

I know we have such lowered expectations the last 20 years, blah-blah-blah, but Galchenyuk is real. Scary good real. The other day on the first goal, he came over the blue AT the left wing boards, then suddenly within something like two strides he was in the middle of the ice with the puck on his stick and two teammates following him to the net. Just incredible.