Thread: Player Discussion: Brian Boyle
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
As I've said, my ideal third liner for THIS team would be Kreider. As I've also said, I understand why Kreider isn't here at this time. I highlight "this team" because I am on record stating before the deadline that Kreider should be getting top - 6 minutes on NYR or he should be in CT. I am changing my tune to allowing Kreider to be a third liner player as the depth on this team now is more suitable to Kreider's playstyle than it was before the deadline. Boy that was a mouthful.

I like Dorsett's speed and toughness more than I like Boyle's. I feel he has more offensive upside as an NHLer than Brian Boyle does. Dorsett does have more points than Boyle this year, but his -11 is a it unnerving. Though I even said when highlighting Boyle's -13, that not too much stock should be put into that number.

He's not ideal. I wish Pyatt wasn't so useless these days, but he is. So, I'd give Dorsett a shot over Boyle for sure, especially since it would push Boyle back to the fourth line where I truly believe he belongs.

(I'm spending way more time in this thread than I ever wanted to I'm going to play video games )
Yea, unfortunately the romanticized version of Chris Kreider cant play hockey and we're stuck with the real one that needs time on CT.

The reason I asked about Dorsett is because hes actually historically worse than Boyle and a bunch of people on this board are specifically complaining about Boyle's offense.