Thread: Player Discussion: Brian Boyle
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 03:00 PM
esidebill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
As I've said, my ideal third liner for THIS team would be Kreider. As I've also said, I understand why Kreider isn't here at this time. I highlight "this team" because I am on record stating before the deadline that Kreider should be getting top - 6 minutes on NYR or he should be in CT. I am changing my tune to allowing Kreider to be a third liner player as the depth on this team now is more suitable to Kreider's playstyle than it was before the deadline. Boy that was a mouthful.

I like Dorsett's speed and toughness more than I like Boyle's. I feel he has more offensive upside as an NHLer than Brian Boyle does. Dorsett does have more points than Boyle this year, but his -11 is a it unnerving. Though I even said when highlighting Boyle's -13, that not too much stock should be put into that number.

He's not ideal. I wish Pyatt wasn't so useless these days, but he is. So, I'd give Dorsett a shot over Boyle for sure, especially since it would push Boyle back to the fourth line where I truly believe he belongs.

(I'm spending way more time in this thread than I ever wanted to I'm going to play video games )
Kreider is an ideal player for any of our lines, but the coach doesn't have much faith in him. I'm just waiting for him to pan out. If he could become more of a playmaker/gamebreaker, it would be great and he might be able to be on a line with a Boyle, but I'd rather Kreider play with someone talented.