View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 02:06 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I am not proud to admit what I just did, but I did it. The perks of being unemployed, I suppose.

Brian Boyle has seen a total of 17 minutes and 40 seconds of power play time this season. This is, admittedly, much less than I have thought Boyle has been on the ice for the power play this season. (11 of those minutes have come in the month of April, already).

In those near 18 minutes of TOTAL power play time, Brian Boyle has been on the ice for 2, count them, 2 New York Rangers power play goals this season. They both came in the game against Pittsburgh the day of the deadline. So that's 1 RANGERS goal, not just goals Boyle had a point on, I'm talking about NEW YORK RANGERS goals, per 530 seconds of power play time for Brian Boyle.

I conclude the resurgent look of the Rangers power play has more to do with the additions at the deadline rather than Boyle's time on ice during the power play.
Or you could say he's been on the ice for 9.5% of the Rangers 21 PP goals this season.

Way too small of a sample size to say Boyle has had any effect on the powerplay.