View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I know "That" can give you more information on Hartman than I can. I saw a gritty player, though a bit undersized, with good wheels, some decent hands, but I don't think he has the vision or the finish to be a go-to guy offensively. Might round out as a 3rd line player with some decent point totals and can drop the gloves with certain players but not a heavyweight.

Rychel is different from Hartman in that I think he has the tools to be a goal scorer at the NHL level. His vision and hands might not scream a premiere offensive threat but he has the goal scoring ability to put the puck in the net but he'll never be as reliable in the other facets of the game as Hartman. I believe he's a better fighter than Hartman and with a better frame he could engage physically and be more successful in those rough aspects of the game than Hartman.

Lazar is probably the balance of the two. He's rugged, he's a leader, can play all 3 zones, not afraid to drop the mitts or get physical. If you look back at the tournament (I forget the name) that he played out West and Nathan MacKinnon played for team Atlantic, you can see his goal scoring instincts and what kind of a wrist shot he has. Can't take his offensive numbers at face value since he's one of the few 1st round prospects that don't anchor the top line of their team.

I'd rank them Lazar, Rychel then Hartman. Based on what I believe the Habs would need going forward.

Any one with different views on these guys can feel free to challenge or reinstate what my take is on these guys. By no means would I say I'm an expert on any of them.
Thanks for the info/intel.

They, at some point, all looked likely to be available where we look like we're going to pick, but lately Lazar looks like he might not be there when we speak. The most realistic option might be Rychel if we're looking for that kind of player in the 1st round.

But knowing Bergevin's and Timmins' motto, in the first round, you go for the right mix of talent and attitude. I wonder where that'll take us.