View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Sec108

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester01 View Post
Powerplay was 1 for 40 or 2.5% in playoffs. Team still tied for most PIMs in playoffs.
I think coaching and coaching philosophy can take some blame for abysmal performance against Barrie. Intimidation doesn't work against experienced OHL teams like Barrie as the era of Broad St. Bullies is long gone. Check the coaches career statistics and you can see his philosophy. Maybe he shouldn't scream the whole game from the bench and let the players play. Bottom line coaching has to take a lot of blame with such a stacked team playing poorly.
That comment about "intimidation doesnt work" we in Windsor will take as a compliment.Since DJ was a Spitfire we like tough aggressive hockey down here in the motorcity.DJ was the reason for our success down here recently and we would take him back in a heartbeat.Its too bad he got the extension from Tullio.

But your right the league has changed from the good tough hockey of the past, you can call it intimidation if you want, its mostly old fashioned hockey.There was no room for wimps.I think now Branch has reduced the league to Euro shinny/road hockey where next year they can hand out the ballerina outfits.And the officials will be reduced (and its already happening) like in the WWE where they already know the victor.

What I dont get is why players like Biggs and the rest seem to lose their fire so easy after being drafted esp. for the playoffs.Wouldnt you want to win it all cause you might not even get in the big dance and second never win the Stanley Cup.You would think they would want to empty the tank.