Thread: Igilna avaible?
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2003, 04:40 AM
sluggo*

vCash: 500
OK, let's just forget about the playoffs and trade away our best players because we've got no chance to win the cup this year.

No, you the Flames can't afford Igilna's 7+ million dollar salary, and its also not like I'm just making this up, Igilna trade rumors have been popping up since the off-season, generally that means something - the ONLY reason the Flames would trade him a salary dump, not going anywhere in the playoffs just makes the deal make that much more sense. Now if the Flames were going somewhere this year then a team can normally justify keeping a player they can't afford to win, but they are going to win and they can't afford him. I can totally understand feeling passionte about a player, but use your head for a minute.

Snakeeye - You're an idiot. First the Flames are not going to get a laterial trade for Igilna. You've mentioned players like Gagne and Datsyuk, and skill wise those are fair trades, but why the hell would those teams spend 5-6 million more on Igilna when they already have Gagne and Datsyuk? Are you just new to hockey or something? Look at the deal that brought Igilna to the Flames - Nieuwendyk (one of the best centers in the league) for an unproven prospect, trades like this don't have active players of equel ability going back the other way.

If/when he gets moved it will be for prospect's and/or picks - look at the Comrie deal you need an example, all they got for him were a prospect and picks - not a player of equel skill whos in the NHL right now. And I've NEVER said they would go Igilna/Kaberle straight up (as you seem to think) but that he would be part of package including a top line potential center, and one of the top 10 offensive D-men is something the Flames need.