View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 05:49 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Why is the player that blurted this out to the media not a problem? I didn't say it was okay for Bryz to fall asleep in a meeting, I'm saying for it to be blown out of proportion like they are in the same league as dry island is insane.

Can you define what a good teammate is?
It's possible the player who blurted this out to the media is a jerk. It's also possible he's an unsung hero. It's quite possible that all other means of recourse w/ Bryz have been exhausted. It's quite possible that they tried to handle this behind closed doors and it didn't work because Lavi is afraid to bench Bryz, Homer and Snider don't want to admit a mistake, and Bryz doesn't really care.

If that's the case, I 100% support the player going to the media. Through all of his goofball antics, terrible play, questionable quotes to the media, etc. teammates have stood by him; even attacked the media (sometimes unprovoked) for going after Bryz. Guys have been nothing but supportive saying that it wasn't Bryz's fault, etc.

When you've continued to stick up for a guy who is playing like **** and then he goes mouthing off to the media at the first sign of trouble and plays dead on the bench when the backup goalie takes his place and comes over during a break to talk, and then he falls asleep during a team meeting, you've got a VERY good reason to be ticked off. And you've got a very good reason to go to the media if nobody else is going to do anything about it.

There's too much "smoke" around the whole "Bryz is a bad teammate" thing for it not to be true IMO. Tocchet mentioned it, so did Morris, and so did Aucoin, among others. And now this comes out... and where there's smoke, there's fire.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote