View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 06:43 PM
bleed_oil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rec28 View Post
Between the two of them, Lowe and Tambo are not afraid of making or trying to make big splashes. From Pronger trade to the Hossa/Heatley whale hunting expeditions, they've never shied away from punching above their weight. That they weren't successful in all of these isn't the point - the point is that they tried. The key difference now is that they actually have elite assets to deal. They never had that previous to the rebuild. How do you trade up to a diamond ring when you have nothing to your name but a beer can taped to a whistle?

The notion that the big 5 are " untouchable" is absurd. Their value as elite assets is exactly what will enable the org to fill in the other holes. Its been the whole point of the exercise.

Re: UFAs, time will tell. I even noted TBD. The presence of top talent on a team changes things, and hopefully the Schultz signing is an indication of good things to come.
We shall see I suppose. My impression of Tambo is one of a waffler who is terrified of making a decision. Is this fair? Perhaps not. But his tenure in charge of this team has done little to contradict this view of him. If he trades Eberle in some sort of package and we end up with the much vaunted power forward or trades Gags in a package for a physical 2nd line center - I will be wrong. But we shall see.
Ultimately what does it matter? The effect of all this losing has worn on thiis fan base to the point of being quite obvious. Look at the Game Day Threads on this board from what they were 6 years ago... Its a world of difference. (or perhaps this is my impression). Seems to me that people have accepted all the losing and moved on with life. Of course they will still always sell out the rink cause they are the only show in a town with a strong economy that is passionate about hockey.

Last edited by bleed_oil: 04-11-2013 at 06:52 PM.
bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote