View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
I don't know how much bc would cost for the PS4 but it wasn't expensive at all for the PS3. A Sony exec admitted that himself. There will probably be PS3 emulators for PC in the future but still, it should be a no-brainer in this day and age and I don't want to take out my PS1/2/3 every time I want to play a game from that gen.
PS1 games will almost undoubtedly work on the Ps4. It has CD support, just not audio CD.

They are doing backwards compatibility for the PS4, but only through streaming because of the architecture of the PS3. Even modern computers have issues pulling off some of the things cell does, not because it's better, but because it's structually different. Emulators that actually work really good might not be possible until you can just outmuscle the cell with pure horsepower.

The switch in architecture is a necessary one for game development though, and while it sucks for us, at least Gaikai will be an option. Hopefully Sony decides to announce that you can play your old PS3 PSN games over Gaikai when they work out the kinks in the system, it would generate lots of good will.