Old
04-11-2013, 07:43 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN ANTONIC View Post
Hey guys,

Me and my GF are doing a little trip to Buffalo/Niagara from May 7-9. She lives in Vancouver, I live in Toronto so she is coming to visit for a week. We decided to go to Buffalo and area for a couple days for shopping and neither of us have really checked out that region too much. I've been to Niagara a bunch and while it is nice to look at, it's a little boring. Always wanted to check out the sights and scene of Downtown Buffalo as I figured there's probably some great gems that are just overlooked.

We are staying at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, in Williamsville because apparently it is nice and romantic and we got a good deal on it. http://www.salvatores.net/

She wants to hit the Walden Galleria and Fashion Outlets Niagara. But we wanted to roam around downtown a bit, hit some nice bars and restaurants. Any suggestions for areas or places to go? We will have a car, obviously so transportation is not an issue. I guess a bit more date friendly or anything quirky, different or a Buffalo/WNY staple would be great to.

I'm reading through some of the other food threads on here but they date back a ways so I don't know how current some of that info is. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
I say walk the Elmwood Strip. Restaurants, galleries, stores, coffee shops, bars of all sort. "Friend" Lloyds Taco Truck and see where they will be that weekend. Excellent true mexican food truck and cheap. Some cool and quirky bars/restaurants might include The Place, Vera Pizzaria (old school serious cocktails) Blue Monk for good beer selection, Gabriels Gate, Saigon Cafe if you want ethnic, Globe Market foe sandwiches for lunch,Left Bank for higher end romantic place, but need reservations asap.

To stop for a cocktail,check out the refurbished Lafayette Hotel. A couple of good bars inside there. Statler Hotel has this great dark mahognoy wood bar with finger foods including tater tots.

For live music, go to Neitzche's or Docs Bohemian Groove Bar. Both on Allen Street across the street from each other.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote