Has their ever ben a more inept/poor owner in pro sports than Katz?
View Single Post
04-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Originally Posted by
Since he has taken over ownership of the Oilers in 2008:
1) missed playoffs every year
2) 3 straight last place finishes (or close enough). On way to another pathetic finish
3) amongst highest seat prices in league despite putrid product
4)Gets City to basically gift him a shiny new 450 mil arena, in the process implicitly threatening Oilers to move (Seattle, Hamilton, Quebec trips anyone?)
5) in the negotiations with City, moved goalpost many times thus exhibiting character, in an effort to extract/extort more out of City taxpayers
6) continued on with horrific draft beer for sale
Cant imagine a worse owner.
Jeffery Loria (sp) the Miami Marlins owner, could take Katz to town. He got a 650 Million dollar stadium, paid for by the tax payers, then gutted the team and sent the best players to the Blue Jays.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Quinteoilers