View Single Post
Old
04-11-2013, 11:48 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
My only complaints are (looking towards a deep run):

- missing Emelin (obviously not a complaint, more of a worry). I think he's very underrated for things like puck control, skating, shooting, reading plays. He really is a very solid D man and I don't fully trust our D offensively and defensively without him. I really hope Diaz will come back and make up for it in his own way. I don't need Emelin hitting, but playing the body and being strong on the puck - can't have enough of that.

- Our first PP unit. I like Gio, and I have defended him for the most part 5 on 5, but I just don't see how Eller or Chucky wouldn't be better. They are better with the puck, they are bigger bodies, they have more skill to pass and make plays and just overall Gio has dropped off from previous seasons as being a guy who is dangerous on the PP. I just don't want to be in a must score situation and see the most predictable plays between him and Pleks going nowhere. Add some spice to the equation with Eller at least!

Otherwise we're playing well, but still need a few guys to kick it up in the finishing dept. DD and Patch are trying hard, for sure, but we need them (either of them) to score more goals. I like how max is not trying to shoot from far so much and is cutting to the center, and I hope he gets into the zone he was in last year, cuz he will be possibly the most pivotal scorer for us given we need it from all of our lines. If he goes on a tear, we're golden. DD...please dude, finish your empty nets. Otherwise you're doing better.

Loving Halpern 2.0 (much like the original)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote