Old
04-12-2013, 04:50 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
Jokinen with 3+2 +shootout winning goal in 3 games wearing Penguins jersey. Though I'm sure any Carolina fan will tell you that it's just some short lucky streak or something.
Be careful with the generalizations! I was fully supportive of Jokinen during his time in Carolina. He's an odd player for sure, but his talent has never been in question. It's just that when he's not scoring, he's not doing much for you. This is the same fanbase that watched him put up about 200 points for the good guys. Most of us are aware of how strong he can play when given the proper situation. It's just that he's not quite on that level where you can feel confident with him in your Top 6, but when he doesn't have the supporting cast to compliment his skill he's a bit lost. One of those in between guys that aren't bottom six but aren't quite top six either. But when he runs hot, man is he ever a treat to watch. He does it with such simplicity that it becomes curious when it just disappears.

I am incredibly happy for Jussi and hope that he's able to get the Cup he deserves. Same for Brandon.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote