View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Honestly most of us have been wrong to varying degrees regarding the evaluation of this team. I knew we weren't a 3rd last place team, but never in my wildest dreams thought we'd be where we are today, not just fighting for the division which was certainly wide open, but with so many positives, positive goal differential out playing opponents by significant margins on many a nights. I thought it would take a really above average season from Price to get in.

I really hope tat people don't use this thread to poke digs at LafleursGuy, he's on board now, leave the past in the past.

Not many will do this LG, I respect the fact that you've had a change of heart even though you were leaning in an entirely different direction.
From my memory, LG recognized the young core was solidly in place and that the team was on the right course. He was dead-on about that. I think he was just aiming a bit further off in the future, as we all were. Wanting to trade Markov and Pleks was a way to stock the shelves with even more great prospects for when everyone started gelling in a year or two. None of us could have imagined it would come together this season, vets, rookies and youth all singing in glorious harmony.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote