View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 08:41 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 50
Accurate obs on the coaches, I would say. I think players tend to become an extension of their coach. Oates has already overcome the adversity a lot of coaches hit a little farther down the road. Players are buying in.

I know I am beating a deadhorse, but anyone notice how you hear defensemen called out by name for making a great play. Last night alone, Carlson saves a goal. Green scores a goal. Erskine numerous strong plays. Hillen sliding taking out a 2 on 1. I am not sure I have heard Sarge's name called out in years, fans all cheering him. Maybe 5 times in his entire career.

Long story short, it appears the overall play of defensemen has ticked up lately. Possibly from just Hillen taking over for Sarge. But I think its also Oates getting the guys with offense joining the rush. Bruce would have them pinch for keep ins a lot, but not so much join the rush.

Oates an offensive mind seems dialed in on getting the most of Green Carlson and Hillen offensively. We can live with their inevitable gaffes when they rack up points.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote