View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 09:37 AM
PensFan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
We would not need to buy out Glass or Orpik. Either could be dealt, and Orpik could net a nice return.

Just look at the yields for grit and declining vets at the deadline this year. We could very well acquire some cheap, quality depth via trade.

And I don't want Eaton next year, stable as he's been. He's slow enough this season, and we have guys banging on the door.
I would be shocked if we moved Orpik. I know it would help with cap space, but I truly just don't see it happening. I don't feel he's been as bad as others think, and I also think after this deal expires he'll come back on the cheap. He is no longer a top minute/pairing guy (like he's being played), but he still could be a useful 4-6 dman.

Maybe the Pens try to extend him next year to see if he'll come cheap, and if not they deal him, but I don't see him being dealt without checking next contract first.

I also don't know about Martin. I would say he'd be most likely to be moved. He makes a little more, has an extra year on his contract, and with his play could net a higher return. Having said that, I don't know if they move him after giving him the chance to stay and improve his game and he does it.

I agree about Eaton. Would rather see a younger guy get a shot, then bring in a vet like him next deadline for the playoffs.