View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downward dog View Post
Yak would garner a strong #2 dman and Eberle a #4 dman, therefore I choose yak.
Eberle would return much much more than a #4 dman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Wait. He has the biggest bang for the buck contract in the nhl. Or so Ive been told.

Rembember way back when, before all the injuries, when Hemsky actually was tradeable and would have garnered a nice return............

I had the audacity to suggest trading him then. Boob Stauffer mocked me and the idea on his radio show. Now he is the color guy for the Oilers.

I guess they dont have very high standards. Could they have set the bar any lower?

As to the question of the day, neither obviously.
Oilers made a huge mistake holding onto Hemsky instead of Penner. Even though Penner has been garbage for the Kings, he just hasn't fit their system at all. 2009-2011 Penner is the exact player we need on the second line right now. We would've at least gotten the same return for Hemsky as we got for Penner, hell we might've been able to get Voynov instead of Teubert as the prospect as well, who also would be perfect in our top 4. Instead we're stuck paying 5 million dollars for a guy taking minutes away from Nail Yakupov, just like how we traded actual assets last year to pay 6.5 million for a guy to take minutes away from Magnus Paajarvi.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law: 04-12-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Trafalgar Law is online now   Reply With Quote