View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
yes, the would be good 3/4 line players right now.

Zibanejad more grinder than Lundqvist??? Ask anyone here...nobody will agree. Lundqvist is 100 % checker. Zibanejad is a goalscorer with a physical edge.

And I like Zibanejad and his grit but you need to chill about him..still very young and not even played one full NHL season.
To me, grinder means a physical forward who is good along the boards and creates energy. That's not the same as defensive forward, because you can be defensive without being very physical.

That said, Zibanejad is both a better grinder and defensive forward than Lundqvist. Like I said, Zibanejad and Silfverberg are the best defensive forwards on the Ottawa Senators. The Senators are one of the best defensive teams in the world.

Zibanejad played head to head against Giroux and Voracek yesterday. He completely completely shut them down at even strength (Giroux scored when Ottawa was on the PP and thinking offense - bad pinch by the defenseman).

Zibanejad only had 1 shot in the game. But he played very well and after the game one poster came out and said: ''He'll be a top 10 player in the game''. He's drawing comparisons to Jason Spezza because of his puckhandling and passing. And to Ryan Kesler because of his defensive ability and physical play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
That's becouse Lundqvist is counted upon to be a two way performer in the SEL. If he is ask to simply check and shut the opponents down he can do that, especially on large ice.
No he can't. Not against the likes of Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, Kane, Malkin, ...

If anyone on the Swedes should play the shutdown role, it's Zetterberg. Providing he is still playing at a high level. That's what Zetterberg does for a living in the NHL. Put Landeskog on his wing and you have a very good defensive line.