View Single Post
04-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Jack de la Hoya
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Rundblad is nhl ready; he's not going to get any better than he already is playing in the ahl. He's just stuck in a very stingy defensive group in PHX.

Also, everyone keeps saying how they only want an nhl ready top pairing defenseman for couturier, but I'm not quite sure what reality couturier gets us that in...

Couturier holds more value than Laughton so there's no point in trade Laughton because he won't get you that much in return, and I honestly believe he's better suited to a 3rd line c than Couts is.

I'd rather have Lindholm, Rundblad and Ristolainen than Couturier and Gormley.
You haven't exactly set that last comparison up fairly. It would be Couturier, Gormley, and whoever we take at 36th overall. [Hagg? De la Rose?, etc.]

But, I agree, Rundblad is NHL ready--I just don't think he's worth Couturier. With the exception of one great season in Sweden, he's hasn't exactly set the worth on fire since his draft year--and he's been fairly disappointing since coming over.

I don't think Couturier gets a top-pairing defenseman either. But Rundblad isn't worth Couturier.

Why not just move the pick straight across for the defensive prospect? It cuts out years of development and addresses an organizational need. Maybe Couturier is better suited for 2C--perhaps Schenn shifts to wing.

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek [I'd like to give this another look]
Talbot/Gagne - Laughton - Read
Talbot/McGinn - Hall - Rinaldo

Grossmann-Mezsaros [Gustasson]

Originally Posted by Zinnny View Post
Coots used to play left wing, and then was switched to center in juniors. I don't see why they don't try him out at left wing again. I'd be interested in seeing a Coots/G/Voracek line.
I wouldn't mind seeing it, particularly in these last few weeks, but I think Couturier's skating might hold him back a bit at wing in the NHL, and you're giving up a bit of his defensive value there.