View Single Post
04-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Flyerfan in Toronto
vCash: 500
A year of growing pains

Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Yes. Once we get a PMD most of our problems will be solved. We wont be hammered in our zone for 2 straight minutes on even strength, and the forwards will have a better breakout and wont have to dump and chase all ****in game. If mason can play like he did last night, maybe better, I wont be against buying out Bryz.

This team needs one PMD and we will be noticeably better in all areas. Factor in no more sophomore slumps and we are a threat again.
I couldn't agree more with this. It's a rebuilding year of sorts in my mind for this Flyers team. A year to sit and see what you have, have the young kids learn how to lose before they learn how to win as they say, try to bolster your backup goal tending at the deadline and see what develops in the off season.

It was too freaking exciting to think that:
A) they had the balls to offer Weber that contract last off-season and
B) He signed it

I remember listening to the FAN 590 AM (Toronto) radio last summer and hearing Weber himself (as well as his agent in a subsequent interview) talk about leaving Nashville and moving on to Philly.
He said Philly is where he wanted to be, was grateful to the Preds in how they treated him etc., etc.

And to have the Preds match it seemed to me a bit incredulous.

He knew Nashville had a right to match, but still he went right out in public and gave the usual sound bite about leaving one team and going to a new one and all the emotions of it. He thought the Flyers had a winning organization and was one he wanted to be a part of. Was it all gamesmanship in the sense that he did want to leave, and going out in public to tell David Poile in a roundabout way 'I won't be happy in Nashville, don't bother matching'?

As far a Suter and Parise are concerned, the Flyers were just kicking tires there. They had little interest in going anywhere but Minny.

thejinx13 is offline   Reply With Quote