Old
04-12-2013, 10:27 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Or Flanagan, w/ a single yr contract I think homer is thinking he'll have a legit shot at making the team next season.

I really feel like Couts (with Laughton waiting in the wings) and Read could be packaged w/ something else for something substantial.
Yeah I have said this before too, but I think Couturier (or Laughton) may be headed out of town. There are simply too many centers in the system with value to not trade one of them. If you keep Schenn/Couturier/Laughton/Giroux as your main four, then you have Cousins either moving to wing or not playing in the NHL, while you have one of Couturier/Schenn/Laughton playing fourth line minutes or moving to wing. If two of those guys can make the change to wing it is not a big deal, but I think the team might be better served dealing one (or two, potentially) for a defensive asset. Sometimes dealing for a position of depth for a position of weakness, even if "on paper" the trade isn't necessarily a win is a good thing.

Read I think the only reason he would be traded would be if there was some indication that he wasn't going to sign or wanted to test UFA or something. Other than that I think he stays.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote