Thread: Nathan Beaulieu
View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 10:50 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
I'm sure likemost, I was not only surprised but really stoked that we got him with the 17th pick. I never would have thought he'd fall that far.

That being said, I was at the game last night and it's incredible how much more you see when the camera is not on that player.

Although he showed some great moves and patience with the puck, he does need a lot more seasoning on his defensive play. There were times when he was caught out of position and his forwards or partner covered up. A few mis reads here and there as well. Suffice it to say, I wasn't as impressed with him as many who watched the game were.

I will say this. He looked better on the Habs than the few games I saw him play with the Bulldogs. I guess some players play better in the NHL than AHL.

No doubt about it, this kid has a very bright future. Once he develops and gets used to the speed of the game, he will no doubt be a dominant defensman for many years. I'm so happy no only with the team but with the young core we have going forward. Gauthier and Gainey weren't all bad, our prospects are a testament to that.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote