View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 11:44 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I don't know a ton about Drouin, but would he be the ideal winger for G long term ? And could he potentially step right into the 1st line next year ?
Drouin is a top line talent, no doubt, but he's a similar player to Giroux in the sense that he needs the puck on his stick to play at the highest capabilities that his game lends itself to.

I don't know that he'd be the ideal winger for a guy like Giroux, but regardless, if he were there wherever you were picking (and theoretically jones and mackinnon were off the board) you pick him no questions asked. He's an elite talent.

I think more of a better suited winger for a player like Giroux would be a guy who can make space for himself and G, and get himself open for chances around the net as well as one timers. He would need to be big, somewhat gritty and have a nasty shot.

Think someone like Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, James Neal etc.

I know I'm going to start sounding like a broken record here soon, but I really think a guy like Anthony Mantha could develop into an ideal winger for Giroux. Would love if the flyers picked him, especially if we have multiple firsts and can pick a defenseman as well.