Thread: News Article: Top GM's rated (DL #6)
View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 11:51 AM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
As for Shero, once again it's no offense to him, but how hard is it to build a decent team when you walk into a situation where you have the top two players in the world (arguably) already in your stable? He's done very good trade wise for sure, but I wouldn't put him ahead of DL either. DL did a full rebuild to win the cup and has arguably the youngest team in the league, kept them all together after a cup win, and is in good shape to win year after year for several seasons, all in 6 years

Valid point on SHero. And I didn't agree with the trades he made this year by the deadline. I think he gave up far too much and not in the areas required. THe Pens were doing fine offensivly, on a run of a bout 15 wins when those trades began. They didn't more offensive, their Achilles heel last year was defense and goaltending. And Murray is not the answer there. If they play the Rangers in the 1st round, Lundquist is more than capable of stealing a series.
I think DL is a lot wiser, keeping his head there. He's delevoped/traded for /signed a great mix of not just quality players but people. He stresses that the person is just as important as the player and maintaining the winning culture is important to him . This team clearly has bonded and are like brothers, and will fight for each other, that showed last year and will this year and into the future
Don't see how SHero's team will be able to do that, not with Sid getting 10 and Malkin and LeTang needed reups next year.

Side note- Still don'\t understand the Caps trading Forsberg for Erat...don't get that at all.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote