View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Koto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
Neither. If you did have to trade one, you would want it to 3-4 years down the road where you have a better idea of what each player is going to look like.

Trading one of them now is an idiotic idea, unless it is for a equally talented and just as high potential player. i.e. OEL, Petro, and such forth.

Each of these players have the potential to be a top ten scorer in the league, Eberle was close last year. So you want a defense man that is in the same boat in terms of D man ranking
This is the problem i see, you are comparing eberle a very good, 1st line winger with defencemen who have established themselves as trued #1D, young players who look like they will win a norris in their career.

Anything is possible, but i don't ever see Eberle winning a Art Ross/Rocket.

IMO Eberle being a #1W is equal to a #2D (same age, whereas a franchise winger/1C like RNH/Hall might get you in the conversation about a #1D), you need to aim a little lower in the Larsson/Bogosian/McDonagh/Kulikov range. These players fill our needs much better than one of our redundant, small&skilled forwards (ESPECIALLY on RW).

It's funny last summer some people were throwing around OEL as a possibility, but most objected "not good enough," well now, he's flat-out untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithxan View Post
Guys, **** all that noise. And you doubters are dead wrong. Hall, Ebs, Nooge, Yak and Schultzy are keepers long term. Hemmer is prime, and Gags is legit. Horcof is a legit solid 3rd L C (overpaid but we all know that so ****) and Jones is an amazing character guy who busts his ass, bleeds C&B and chips in here and there (not to mention the PK work he does).

Chill. 2013 is not our year.

Chill. 2013 is NOT our year.

Look at yourselves. As fans.

We need some D. Re-habby-boozin is just fine for his last year in Edmonton in my books. Stick with Dooby. Kids will only get better.

Get off the haterade. HF Oil is a joke. Seriously.
2013 didn't need to be our year to win the cup, but we should have made the playoffs, we are now in a group with ATL, CBJ, NYI as the only 4 teams since 2000 to pick 1st overall and miss the playoffs in the next 3 seasons.

That's some great company.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote