View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 12:15 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I still blame the loss of Pronger for all of our problems. We lost one of the best defensemen over the past 2 decades, and in order to get him we gave up 2 first round picks, Lupul, and Sbisa. This is hard to recover from. Those would have likely been 4 players to fill out our roster or trade to solve other problems. I think it was Ken Campbell who pointed out how St. Louis, Edmonton, and Anaheim all had severe drop off in points after Pronger left.

I don't blame Holmgren for our problem because of this. If Pronger were healthy, we wouldn't be in this shape. In trying to get Parise and Suter and Weber he was trying to make us a better team.
and if we would have of had someone better then Leighton in goalthen Pronger would of gotten us that Cup. All that would they gave up would of been worth it. Not getting the goaltending fixed when Pronger was here was on Holmgren.
I still do that Pronger trade, only switching the 1st for the 3rd being conditional which I still think the Ducks do. I am not that upset about it.
Not having the goaltender that year is what ticks me off.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote