: Salary Cap:
Long-term roster-building discussion (Full contract chart in post #1)
View Single Post
04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Originally Posted by
* Pascal Dupuis signed as free agent for $3,000,000.
* Jarome Iginla signed as free agent for $4,500,000.
* Tanner Glass bought out.
* Brooks Orpik bought out.
* Craig Adams signed as free agent for $750,000.
* Robert Bortuzzo signed as free agent for $850,000.
* Steve Pinizzotto signed as free agent for $750,000.
* Mark Eaton signed as free agent for $850,000.
* Matt Hendricks signed as free agent for $925,000.
* Tim Kennedy signed as free agent for $750,000.
Doesn't happen. Shero will not buy out Glass at 1.1m, then sign Hendricks at 925k. It just doesn't make any sense. Glass will cost 726k to buy out. Plus, he hasn't been as bad as all of you guys have made out.
Orpik will NOT be bought out. He's played pretty well, has a unique skill set and is on a good/great contract. If Shero doesn't see a place for him in the lineup going forward, he'll have no issues trading him. With the rookies we have pushing for icetime, I can't see Eaton retained... unless Orpik gets moved and doesn't bring back an NHL D.
"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Riptide