Thread: News Article: Top GM's rated (DL #6)
View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 01:03 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post

Valid point on SHero. And I didn't agree with the trades he made this year by the deadline. I think he gave up far too much and not in the areas required. THe Pens were doing fine offensivly, on a run of a bout 15 wins when those trades began. They didn't more offensive, their Achilles heel last year was defense and goaltending. And Murray is not the answer there. If they play the Rangers in the 1st round, Lundquist is more than capable of stealing a series.
I think DL is a lot wiser, keeping his head there. He's delevoped/traded for /signed a great mix of not just quality players but people. He stresses that the person is just as important as the player and maintaining the winning culture is important to him . This team clearly has bonded and are like brothers, and will fight for each other, that showed last year and will this year and into the future
Don't see how SHero's team will be able to do that, not with Sid getting 10 and Malkin and LeTang needed reups next year.

Side note- Still don'\t understand the Caps trading Forsberg for Erat...don't get that at all.
I was more referring to past deals, like Neal, Kunitz, etc. I agree with you, the Murray deal was nuts, and it indirectly cost us a 2nd as well as Regehr's price was very likely tied into Murray's. I don't fault Shero on the Iggy deal though. You get a chance to add a guy like him for what looks to be at best the 25th overall pick and two C tier prospects, you do it.

And yeah, I really don't get the Forsberg deal. Nashville stole one there. I had heard his name as high as 2nd overall in some places heading into the draft and likely should have gone in the top seven. You don't just give those guys away.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote