View Single Post
04-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Jack de la Hoya
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
I'm starting the think that we might be better off drafting in the 5-7 range so that Homer won't fall victim to this kind of thinking. Giroux doesn't need another superstar center to support him, he needs what the rest of the team needs- another defenseman (or two) who can efficiently get the puck out of the Flyers' own zone. And maybe even when the situation calls for it, carry the puck through the neutral zone and allow the forwards to attack the net.

The Kings didn't need two superstar centers last year, the Bruins didn't the year before, or the Blackhawks before that, or... on and on. How about a superstar defenseman for a change? It would be nice to have one of those, you know?
I think it is a stretch to suggest that there is more than one superstar defenseman in this draft. Nurse looks interesting, but his offensive game is still a question mark. Ristolainen looks like a safe all around player. Etc.

I'd prefer Nurse over Lindholm or Monahan, but if we end up 4th (unlikely) and Barkov is on the board, I think you have to take him. (Mackinnon and Drouin are no-brainers, I think).