View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadShot View Post
I know defense is a pressing issue and it needs to be addressed but I also think this team needs a shakeup and of it cost B Schenn or Coots its time to part with one. Having a proven sniper will pull coverage off of G and if need be to spread the playmakers around, move Jake to the second line. I'm scratching my head like everyone else but correct me if I'm wrong here
Like who?

When a few of us suggested that the Flyers target Semin last year, the rest of the board revolted!

Voracek is on a 35-goal pace over an 82 game season. I'm not sure what sort of upgrade you think can be had (without giving up assets or completely hosing the cap situation). Even if he comes back down next year, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect some sort of bounce-back from Hartnell, and Schenn and Couturier should continue their development. Read is solid, as is Simmonds.

___- Giroux - Voracek
___ - Schenn - Simmonds
Gagne/Talbot - Couturier - Read

One of those holes is filled by Hartnell. Perhaps the other is filled by a UFA or a draftee, or a promoted player (Laughton?). Rearrange the lines if you want, but I don't think our personnel is the issue. It is system, execution and consistency.