View Single Post
04-12-2013, 03:05 PM
vCash: 500
I for one, would not be terribly upset at not really making too many changes over the summer. Between the injuries and crazy goals against us the hockey gods raked the team over the coals, but there are a few upgrades I would like: 1 forward (I like the Horton idea), 1 defenseman (I wish Timonen would have not resigned, he would be perfect), and a backup (Garon or maybe Backstrom if he comes cheap?)

Going with what we have:

Wilson - Fisher - Bourque
Beck - Legwand - Hornqvist
Forsberg - Gaustad - Kostitsyn
Clune - Spaling - Yip

We are our best when our 3rd and 4th lines can score against other teams and our 1st and 2nd can keep pace with the other teams. Take some of the defensive responsibilty away from Forsberg and give him a passer and some one to stand in front of the goalie and he may still have success. Craig Smith needs to really prove himself these last 5 or so games and in camp.

Weber - Josi
Klein - Bartley
OKT - Blum/Ellis

Trade Gill if we get Tollefsen as they fill the same role, and I would not be upset if one of Blum or Ellis is gone. I know people may be upset at Bartley on the 2nd pair, but I don't see any regression from him and he has done well. He is less talented that Ellis and Blum but more relies on intelligence so that should stay. Plus remember Suter was pissing all of us off his 2nd year and look at Josi, that pair might be awesome.

I think Mason maybe getting a try out for next year, and depending on how he does the next few games he may either retire or return.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote