View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 03:52 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimeoilfan View Post
Changes have to be made to the composition of the Oilers, but I don't think we will see Eberle or Yakupov traded... Hemsky and Gagner though, I could see traded for some top 6 physicality. And a Center with the attributes Gagner lacks (hopefully Monahan) drafted. I will use Lucic as an example (because, as unlikely as I know it is, I would love to see Lucic an Oiler).

Lucic Nugent-Hopkins Eberle
Hall Monahan Yakupov
Paajarvi Horcoff Hartikainen
Brown Smithson/Lander Jones

Lucic - or a player like him - makes room out on the ice for Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins to play their game, plus Lucic would be a damn near perfect bodyguard. Hall and Yakupov would likely give the opposition fits, and both bring a measure of grit. Monahan is physical, and playing with Hall and Yakupov would take some of the pressure and focus off of him. The third line is fairly big, and capable. And that would be the best fourth line the Oilers iced in a long time.

Will it happen, likely not... but it is a more balanced team, one where size would no longer be an issue.

If I had to choose between Eberle or Yakupov, Eberle would be traded.
What assets are you using to trade for Lucic because I don't see Gagner and Hemsky as getting it done.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote