Thread: OT: The 2013 Weather GDT
View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Lacaar

vCash: 500
I've taken a partial interest in how absolutely miserable early spring has become in Edmonton since I returned in 2006. I never remember there being snow on the ground in May left over from the winter. Sure there's some odd freak May snowstorm but that didn't count. I was looking for snow left over from winter.

I can almost guarantee this year there will be snow in my backyard come May 1st. It's sheltered as my yard is north facing. Right now it hasn't even really begun to melt.

This will be year 2 of 3 since I've started paying attention. It just seems so odd to me. During this time I've also tracked the temperature vaguely to see how often we're below the average. In the last three years I think I can count on my hand the number of days in April where Edmonton has hit its average high in April.

My wife always makes fun of me for getting cranky because I rant how April is crappy month(happens to be her birthday month hehe). This being the third year of it and shaping up to be the worst one yet.. she's starting to agree haha.

If you want to see something depressing go to the 14 day forecast at the weathernetwork.com for Edmonton. It's pretty much a constant for the month of april.
Always says it will warm up in a week but never happens. You'll look at it a week later and will be the same as a week before. 8-10 degrees below average for the next 5 days then gradually warm up to average or above in 7-10 days.

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote