View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
With all due respect to the "flyers can't develop defensemen" sentiment; I think that applies more to lower round project defensemen who need grooming in lower leagues and pinpointing talent at the position in later rounds, rather than highly touted guys like jones.

Jones would 99.9% be on the opening night roster if we were to draft him, meaning that he's going to get nhl playing time and given the opurtunity to become what he can become...

When have we ever drafted a defenseman with jones ceiling/status? The answer is never. It's not as if he's going to be stuck on the phantoms on a losing team and have his development hampered. I don't think this theory really applies here.
Well, I think that part of it is right, but developing a player occurs at the NHL level as well, and a guy like Coburn has shown relatively little progression since coming here (to, uh, put it mildly).

That said, Jones looks like a stud, and I'm sure he would be one here, if we somehow manage to luck our way into winning the lottery.