View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 04:15 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
While he may not been handled perfectly, it's not as if it's been awful...and he did choose to come back here.

The problem with Zuuc in the past was that while displaying talent and creativity, along with a great attitude, he was some what soft on the puck, not very good on his skates and not a good goal scorer.

He's been a much improved player since he came back. But those issues are still there to a degree. The guy has got to put the puck in the net...at least on a level with say Hags. If not he won't play here or anywhere else in the NHL.

I'm sure if he's not scoring and does not stick we will see lots of folks claiming he was treated/coached poorly.

I hope he goes out and scores a hatty tomorrow night. I really want this guy to succeed. He's an extremely likable fellow.
True, but he clearly did good his first time around, even if he was a little weak in certain areas. When players have talent like Zucc does, you deal with the learning problems. He then got sent to the AHL- where he then got called up later the next season, looked just as good, and had a fluke injury end his season. I thought it was clear he brought a great dimension to our bottom six it lacked. Shouldn't have let him go to Russia in the first place.