Thread: Vhl 2012-13
View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 06:28 PM
SoundAndFury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
From what I see, top VHL teams operate at budgets with 10million dollars, more than Slovak and even some other top nations. So just from the budget we can say that it is better.

But if you want to look at just the hockey aspect, top VHL teams have up and coming prospects filling the roster and some really good players even. They are able to attract players like Krocak, Hult and Wargh and even better domestic Russians. And have guys like Nichushkin, Golubev, Gusev, and many other prospects that cant make stacked KHL teams but certainly have loads of KHL-level talent.

To me VHL>EBEL is a no-brainer
There are you getting this info about the size of the budget from? It's obviously not true. VHL teams don't really have up andcoming prospects unless they are sent down from the KHL . By Krocak I guess you mean Kovac but these three you listed are actually the only decent foreigners in the league.

Todd Perry for example, who plays on the Sary-Arka and is arguably their best defenseman was an ECHL player not able to crack the AHL while EBEL has guys like Benoit Gratton or Rob Schremp who were one little step away from playing in the NHL on regular basis; Bernard Starkbaum played in the EBEL for years and became one of the best Eliteserien goalies after moving to MODO; and there's Kristan, and Lakos and others who would obviously be a legit KHL players while the ones playing in the VHL failed to make KHL, prospects aside. Even Belarus Extraliga has 3 VHL caliber teams so that speaks volumes.

It turns out VHL is soooo overrated here.

Last edited by SoundAndFury: 04-13-2013 at 04:44 AM.