View Single Post
Old
04-12-2013, 09:49 PM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
The fallacy is "you people" believe this would happen here.

There are certainly better goalies than others, and I would have kept bob (maybe stolarz will be a badmofo in 4 years), but bob wouldn't have made much of a difference with this trainwreck.
My only belief is that Bob always had the potential in my eyes to be the better goaltender. I'm not claiming anything else. He most likely would have had to stand on his head more so than in Columbus solely on breakdowns/quality chances but at least he could come up with more big saves. When he was playing here last year as a backup he generally did well carrying the team at times despite coming in cold and not having the reps Bryz did. All he needed was some more seasoning and we couldn't provide it b/c we saddled ourselves with Bryz who is a system goalie. Bob was always the better fit for this team with Lavi's style solely b/c of his athleticism. The technical side was going to be sharpened no matter what..just out of sheer work and dedication. I mean as that one thread I bumped noted..his "flaws" were easily fixable.