View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Machinehead
Siez and toffnuss!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Machinehead, can you tell me why you voted for Po-Po over Stepan, Hank, and Girardi?

If I could vote, i would vote for Girardi, the man puts his body on the line every season, even more-so than Callahan. Any role Torts puts him in, he accepts and tries his best. I know he has dumb pinch ins and runs around in the D zone but that's a guy that's trying too hard. That's what this award is all about. Girardi, this ones for you. Come and get your award in your wheelchair after the season.
As far as Hank and Stepan go, I just see this award as one that goes to the guys who do the important work that's important but nobody really cares about it. Like Jed Ortmeyer who won this thing twice. Stepan and Hank are great and like I said I wouldn't mind seeing either of them get it but to me it's just more of an unsung hero type of award.

As far as Girardi goes, I also think while being a star or putting up numbers isn't necessary, you should also not be consistently awful, which he has been this season.